Currently, our facility may not be accessible to all people with disabilities. It is our goal to provide as much accessibility as possible considering the age and construction of the existing buildings and the historic significance of the Inn in our community. The Amelia Island Williams House is within a National Historic District.
We continue to make improvements to the Inn to meet our accessibility goals. Current improvements include:
- Wheelchair entrance to our Southern Memories guest room
- Grab bars in several first and second floor guest room showers/tubs
- Removable shower sprayers in most showers/tubs
- Raised toilet seats in most bathrooms
- Shower bench seat available upon request
- 2 guest rooms at grade in the Carriage House (Emma’s Guest Suite and Island Getaway)
- Emergency lighting/horn strobe for sight and hearing impaired guests
- In room breakfast service to guests that are unable to navigate the 4 steps up to the main house/dining room
However, over the next year, we are committed to providing the following accessibility features to the Amelia Island Williams House:
- A fully ADA accessible guest room in the Carriage House (Emma’s Guest Suite). This guest suite will include an ADA accessible bathroom and guest room as well as exterior ADA access to the guest room from an ADA parking space on the property.
- Handrails at all exterior stairs
- Grab bars at all water closets where feasibly possible
At the Amelia Island Williams House, it is our goal to meet the needs of all guests and we will make every effort to make our facility accessible to your needs. Please contact us at the phone number below for additional information.